According to Merriam-Webster, immersion instruction is defined as instruction based on extensive exposure to surroundings or conditions that are native or pertinent to the object of study; especially : foreign language instruction in which only the language being taught is used.
In light of this definition and our immersion days, please answer the following questions:
1) Why do you think immersion is important at level 3 and 4?
2) What does immersion look like for our classroom? What are the student role and teacher role?
3) What are some struggles that you can see with transitioning into only speaking in German?
4) What can you do to help prevent these struggles?
5) What can Frau do to help students feel more comfortable in the language?
6) What are your goals and hopes for this class?